When you need to salt cabbage on the lunar calendar in January 2019
The phases of the moon affect all biological processes, including fermentation, which occurs during the ripening of cabbage. Based on this, you need to study the lunar calendar and determine the days favorable for this event.
Why do harvesting cabbage on the lunar calendar
It was found that on what day the fermentation of vegetables was carried out, their taste, as well as the shelf life, depend. It is believed that a billet prepared in the full moon will be soft and acidic, and will quickly deteriorate. This is due to the fact that during the full moon, the processes of fermentation and reproduction of pathogenic microorganisms are maximally activated.
Did you know? 100 g of sauerkraut contains 35% of the daily intake of vitamin C.
Therefore, to obtain crispy and tasty cabbage, it is necessary to start salting on the 5-6th day after the new moon, during which the opposite phenomenon occurs - the minimum activity of all living things. Also, when choosing a cooking day, not only the moon’s growth phase is taken into account, but also the position of the Earth’s satellite in relation to the zodiac signs. The signs of Virgo, Pisces and Cancer are considered unfavorable.
Favorable and unfavorable days for salting cabbage according to the lunar calendar in January
Considering the above arguments, a timetable for preparing sauerkraut is calculated.
|Ideal days for salting in January are:||Adverse days include:|
|from 9 to 13||5 to 6|
|from 15 to 16||17|
|21||from 19 to 20|
Important! For the preparation of pickles, give preference to women's days: Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Thanks to this, the product will acquire an ideal taste and will be well stored.
Useful properties of salted cabbage
Harvesting from cabbage - an integral part of the diet in the winter. The composition of such dishes includes probiotics, vitamins and trace elements, which are many times more than in a fresh vegetable. And thanks to the cooking technology, all valuable substances are completely preserved.
- Regular use of this dish has a positive effect on health:
- Strengthens the bone skeleton and promotes its growth, and thanks to the presence of antioxidants eliminates all kinds of inflammation of the joints and muscle fibers.
- Probiotics help maintain normal blood cholesterol.
- High levels of vitamin A support healthy visual organs.
- Vitamin C boosts immunity.
- The bacterial composition enriches the intestinal microflora, and fiber enhances the motility of the digestive system.
In order to make the product as tasty as possible, choose not only a favorable day on the lunar calendar, but also follow a number of simple recommendations of culinary specialists:
- It is best to salt late- and mid-ripening varieties, which are more dense.
- You can complement the taste of the dish with cranberries, lingonberries, apples, celery and various spices.
- For cooking, use the optimal amount of salt - 200 g per 10 kg, since with a lack of ingredient the product turns out to be soft and loose, and with an excess - too salty and leaven for a long time.
- Prefer wooden, clay, glass or enameled containers.
- During fermentation, regularly remove the resulting foam.
- For longer storage, place the container in a cool place with a temperature of 0 ° C and cover the container.
Video: an old recipe for pickling cabbage
Sauerkraut is quite simple. Take advantage of the above recommendations regarding when to harvest, and enjoy not only a delicious diet supplement, but also an excellent source of nutrients.