How to originally paint eggs for Easter with your own hands at home?
It is impossible to imagine the bright Easter holiday, which is usually celebrated in the circle of relatives and friends, without Easter cakes and Easter eggs that decorate the holiday table. About how to paint and decorate eggs in an unusual way, we describe below.
The meaning of the easter egg and why it is painted
There are many theories about why an egg is one of the most popular Easter symbols. The most common theory is that the egg symbolizes the tomb from which the soul of Christ resurrected. Egg staining also appeared for a reason. The emergence of this tradition is explained by Christian tradition, according to which Mary Magdalene informed the Roman emperor Tiberius the good news of the resurrection of Christ.According to church canons, the classic Easter egg must be painted red, symbolizing the blood and flesh of the son of God. To get to it, she presented him with a white egg with the words: “Christ is Risen!”, To which Tiberius exclaimed that he would never believe what Mary said, if the egg does not turn red. After these words, the egg turned into a blood red color, and in surprise Tiberius said: “Truly Risen!” According to church canons, the classic Easter egg should be painted red, symbolizing the blood and flesh of the son of God.
The main types of easter egg painting
Under the influence of different cultures and traditions, those who celebrate Easter are not limited to coloring the eggs in red. Over time, the Easter egg has become a real field for art with different types of painting:
- Krashenki. They are considered the easiest type of egg coloring. This method of decorating an Easter egg does not provide for the possession of various artistic skills or techniques. The egg acquires color by cooking it with dyes.
- Drapery - A more sophisticated technique for creating a beautiful Easter egg. It consists in painting an egg in any (preferably dark) color, and then scraping a drawing on it with a metal object. On drapery, carving monks created biblical motifs. By the way, if you will make a drape, color the egg in natural dyes, because they hold the color better and do not wear out.
- Speckles - One of the easiest and most enjoyable Easter egg decor techniques. In addition, children will like it very much as entertainment. This is an egg with a uniform background; various patterns in the form of dots, stripes and spots are applied to it with hot wax and paint.
- Malevanki. Real youngsters are a work of art, as they require the availability of artistic skills. Only white eggs are selected for male kittens, like a blank sheet of paper, and with the help of a brush and paints they create beautiful patterns or, often, floral designs. By the way, most often, eggs for male fry are decorated with Petrikov painting.
- Easter eggs - the most difficult type of painting Easter eggs. Its main difficulty lies in the drawing of ornaments and patterns that carry a symbolic meaning. The egg, which should turn into a pysanka, is first removed from the contents of the protein and yolk through a small hole in the shell. Further, the shell is painted in the base color (in red or black), and then it begins to depict all kinds of patterns on it, which symbolize fertility, success or other benefits. Pysanka is given to relatives and friends.
- Eggs. Used in Russia as home decorations. They began to be made back in the 13th century. To create such eggs, clay or wood was used, decorating them with beads, knitting or lace. The most famous “eggs” in the world were created by the Russian jeweler Karl Faberge.
How unusual to dye eggs at home?
Painting eggs for Easter, in almost every family, is already an unchanging tradition, so if you want to diversify this process, you can use the tips described below.
Onion peeling stained with patterns
Onion peel is considered the easiest and most natural way of coloring eggs, which gives a wonderful terracotta hue. But, to diversify the look, you can make some kind of pattern.
Leaflets or floral patterns:
- To decorate an egg with a leaf pattern, it’s enough to take some leaf or grass, after gluing it to the egg.
- Next, you need to put an egg with leaves in an unnecessary, old stocking or capron, tying it.
- After, place the egg in a boiling husk broth and after 10 minutes, remove by removing the stocking and leaves.
- When the egg has cooled, grease it with sunflower oil for shine.
Video: staining eggs with onion husks and leaves
To create a lace pattern, repeat the same steps as for the floral design, but use lace instead of leaflets.
- Put stationery gum or thread on the egg in the order you like.
- Dip eggs in boiling onion husks and boil for 10 minutes.
- Take out the eggs and cool.
- Remove the gum from the egg and grease it with vegetable oil for shine.
How to create marble eggs?
A purely medical tool in the mid-twentieth century helped create another type of staining of Easter eggs. This medicine has become the greenback, which we use to treat wounds.
- Take the eggs, after washing them with soda from dirt.
- Cut the onion husks into small pieces.
- Place a pan or a container on the stove that you do not mind, after pouring 2 liters of water and 2-3 bottles of green stuff into it.
- After washing them in water, roll the eggs in a husk so that it sticks over the entire surface.
- Place the husked egg in the cheesecloth, tying it tightly.
- Place the eggs in the gauze in a saucepan with boiling greens for 10-15 minutes.
- Gently remove the eggs with rubber gloves, wash them and remove from gauze.
- Cool the eggs and grease them with vegetable oil for shine.
For those who are biased about food colors and chemistry in them, we can offer other natural colors, in addition to the classic onion peel. To achieve a brighter color, use white eggs.
- Beet. Coloring the eggs with beets can give you a beautiful light red or pink shell color.
- Black currant. Blackcurrant juice can give a purple or slightly red shell color.
- Turmeric. Turmeric, diluted in water in large quantities, gives a bright yellow color.
- Coffee. Coffee can give the shell a beige or light brown hue, depending on the concentration.
- Peel of green apples. The peel of green apples in boiling water can give the egg a light green hue.
Easter eggs decor with napkins
For lovers of rainbow and bright Easter eggs, an unusual way of coloring was invented. This method involves the presence of napkins and unlimited imagination.
- Boil the eggs, preferably with a white shell.
- Take dry wipes and wrap eggs.
- Take a spoon and pre-prepared dyes pour the egg in a chaotic manner.
- Leave to dry the napkins with the egg for 30-40 minutes, and then remove.
- For shine, coat the eggs with vegetable oil.
Pastel colors as the last peep of Easter fashion
Recently, as in clothes, as well as in the interior, pastel colors are more and more prevailing, which people associate with comfort and coziness. To dye eggs in pastel shades, you can use acrylic paints or food colors in small concentrations.If you dip the eggs in food coloring for 10-15 seconds, you can achieve a light, pleasant shade.Painting Easter Eggs with Acrylic Paints
Color Easter Eggs Using Grace Ebru Technique
To dye your eggs this way, you don’t need food coloring. The color of the shell occurs with the help of nail polishes.
- Take a bowl of warm water and drip nail polish into the water. Use your favorite colors.
- Create a design according to your preference, you can stretch the varnish film with a toothpick.
- Take an egg and dip it in this water to this film.
- When you get the egg, dry it and cover it with colorless nail polish.
Video: Coloring Easter Eggs Using Grace Ebru Technique
Decoration eggs without dyes
You can use alternative decoration methods:
- stickers; To decorate an egg with a sticker, you first need to boil the egg, and then put on it a special Easter sticker. Next, you need to lower the egg with the sticker in boiling water, it will stick and sit on the egg.
- sparkles. With the help of food glue and food glitter, you can create an unusual decor.
Golden eggs - is it possible?
To make unusual golden eggs, you can use potal - a brass foil that looks like gold leaf.
- Paint the eggs in the colors that you like.
- When the eggs are dry, take the garlic and squeeze it into a small bowl.
- After, take a brush and garlic juice, coat the egg.
- Wrap the egg in a sheet of paly and squeeze. Hold for 30 seconds.
- Remove the foil with your fingers, brush away the remains with a brush.
Is it possible and how to color quail eggs?
Although a chicken egg is considered to be a symbol of Easter, scripture does not prohibit the use of quail eggs in coloring. To color a quail egg, you have to work hard. Firstly, the field for decorating or for decorating a quail egg is very small, so drawing something grandiose will not work.Secondly, because of the spotty color, the pattern will not work. Quail eggs are painted like chicken, but to make the eggs unusual and cute, they are painted in food colors, after which they look like unusual gems.